A Peek into my Garden and some Thoughts




The cone flower blooms in winter


A Peek into my Garden and some Thoughts



Dearest Reader,

How about you? Do you bloom in the midst of winter like the cone flower? Are you full of sunshine when your day is gray?

It's not easy, and I would actually like to say, near impossible without Jesus living in your heart.

It is the Holy Sprit who enables us to bloom in the hardest, driest, coldest places.

You see, the cone flower, does bloom in winter, but it has been soaking in the sun all summer long, drinking in all the water it can, and basking in what winter sun God provides. So, it is able to bloom despite the cold. 

When you come up close to the cone flowers, you will hear the buzzing of bees. This hardy plant is a favourite with the little creatures as they search for pollen in the garden.

Are you attractive like the cone flower? No, not in your outward appearance, but inwardly. Do God's love, light, and grace shine outwardly from within attracting people to Him?

We can all shine and bloom, no matter where we live on this planet, by the power of God.

Where I live, it is winter. We have received the blessing of much rain, and there is possibly more on the way. Yet despite the coldness and rain, other plants are blooming and growing too, as you will see.




This is what is commonly referred to as a Christmas cactus. It blooms in winter here. :)





Some new Swiss chard


My spring onions are starting to flower. I have some baby plants too


My carrot experiment is coming along nicely🤗


Rogue tomato plant. I wasn't planning to grow any in winter, but we'll see what happens.


First beetroot plants. Very happy to be having success.😊Beetroot can be grown throughout the year.


Here are some of my baby plants. I moved them into a protected area prior to the last storm. There are some pansies, cinararia, and spring onions.


Wet and wild. These bulbs come up each year and put on a big show. My Mom planted them


Julius usually follows me out to the garden. In the photo, he is cocking his ear as I was calling him to look at me. :)


So, as you can see, winter does not have to be an ugly time, whether in your garden, or your life.

Keep shining.

Love and prayers,

Alison

🙏🤗😊❤️


Ps: God willing, I will post the next chapter of The Waiting Room tomorrow. 

Comments

Popular Posts