The Rosebush. Flash Fiction. Plus Two Poems

 

Free flash fiction



The Rosebush: Flash Fiction



"I thought you might like something that will last a little longer." He smiled his quirky smile, and her eyes travelled first to the drooping flowers on the table, then to the plant in his arms.
"We can keep this one on the patio. Red for love, you know." He winked and planted a kiss on her surprised  mouth.

They made planting the rose bush their Saturday afternoon project.
"Somehow, it reminds me of marriage." She spoke softly as she patted the soil. "There are the hard bits, like these thorns, but then there is the beauty."

He drew her close as they knelt by the planter, the roses on the small bush almost completely covering the thorns.


***





Snuggling



I'm nestling in Thy Hand

through storm, and wind, and drought:

While nestling in Thy Hand,

I wake and look about:

then seeing Thou art here,

I snuggle deeper still,

and in Thy endless care,

I cast my doubt and fear


***





Patience



Like still, sweet, dew-drops,

Thy patience falls on my life.

Lord, help me to collect some

in my hands:

and pour out patience too


***


Copyright: pencil in His Hand


***


Dearest Reader,

Do you long for God? To know His loving care?
He longs for you to call on Him.
He will save you when you call on Him. 
Jesus is God. He died on the cross, bearing our sin, then rose from death. In this way He conquered death, and offers salvation freely to all who come.
Trust in Jesus to save you today.

Start reading the Bible at the Book of John. The Bible is freely available on The Bible App.

Love and prayers, 
Alison

Comments

Popular Posts