Laying Our Lives Down.

 

Some of the children's art


Laying Our Lives Down


We've been busy this week with a holiday Bible school. For five days, the Gospel was shared, songs were sung, great fun was had, and hands were kept busy with crafts.

My craft group consisted of grade two and three girls. A very sweet bunch!

Our Pastor shared the Word around the theme of God's love, and the children were also fed with teatime sandwiches, cool drink, and lunch.

It is lot's of fun, but also tiring and very hard work. Not to mention noisy and challenging at times. You can't have 130 children in one place without some nonsense!

I have to admit, that I did grumble a little. The washing was mounting at home and my feet were getting sore. Yet, we all soldiered on with a smile. This was not our work. No, it is all done for the Lord. The children must have a chance to hear that God loves them and wants to forgive and save them.

This morning, Matthew 16:24 came up on my phone. I include the verses which follow too:

Matthew 16:24-27 ESV
[24] Then Jesus told his disciples, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. [25] For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. [26] For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what shall a man give in return for his soul? [27] For the Son of Man is going to come with his angels in the glory of his Father, and then he will repay each person according to what he has done.

https://bible.com/bible/59/mat.16.24-27.ESV

I was reminded of the need to deny myself. 

The self part of me wants to lie in during the holidays. The self part of me wants to potter around at home as I follow my own plan and to do list. The self has no desire for laying itself down or of denying itself anything.

But Jesus is waiting for us to do just that. 

As we live for Him we will have many opportunities to deny the self. Let's do so in the strength and joy He gives.


Some Of The Projects








Lay Down


Oh, self, lay down

and lose your life

Give all to Him

and shine your light


***


Comments

Popular Posts