What Is Really Important? Are You Ready For Jesus Return?

 



What is Really Important?

Are you ready for Jesus' return?



1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 ESV
[13] But we do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, about those who are asleep, that you may not grieve as others do who have no hope. [14] For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so, through Jesus, God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep. [15] For this we declare to you by a word from the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. [16] For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. [17] Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord. [18] Therefore encourage one another with these words.


https://bible.com/bible/59/1th.4.13-18.ESV



Philippians 1:9-11 ESV

[9] And it is my prayer that your love may abound more and more, with knowledge and all discernment, [10] so that you may approve what is excellent, and so be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, [11] filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God.

https://bible.com/bible/59/php.1.9-11.ESV


(Italics mine.)


Dearest Readers,

This will be just a short, but hopefully, an encouraging post. I don't have too much too say. After all, what matters most has been said in the Scriptures.


Phillipians 1:10 came up in my Bible reading the other day. I wrote it down, as it spoke to me. The translation I was using used the words, "what really matters." I had to ask myself, what really does matter? Especially in the light of the state of the world right now and the imminent return of the Lord.

As a creative sort, I have many different interests: I draw, crochet, knit a little, sew now and then, garden, read and write. I also take care of my family and do many chores. I am involved in my church and like to walk. On the whole, I'm pretty busy. But what is the most important thing or things we should be doing as we wait for the Lord?

I believe that the Bible is pretty clear. We should be spreading the Gospel (The Great Commission), at home and out in the world.

Aside from this, we need to be growing closer to Jesus day by day as we spend time with Him, read and study His Word, and pray, for Israel and for the world.

As Jesus told us, we mustn't sleep at a time like this. It is important to know what is happening, especially in Israel. Yet, it is not a good idea to hyper-focus on the news. That could easily cause us to get off track.

It is important to keep doing the work which God has given us to do, and to do it as unto Him.

While we wait, we must also encourage one another, especially with the blessed hope of Jesus' soon return.

Maranatha!

May God bless you,

Love from Alison


Ps. Do you know Jesus?




Comments

Popular Posts